2004 and Earlier

It started organically.  Danica and I frequently made tapes for each other.  I'd been making Halloween-specific tapes for a few years at this point, most famously for my only successful party, Halloween of 1998 (9?) at 8th and Fox in Denver.  I use the phrase "only successful party" because I have read Modern Drunkard and am aware of the standards.

In 2000, I put together a 4-disc Halloween extravaganza, due in part to myrecent discovery of Napster but having more to do with the technology getting cheaper and having friends with CD burners. 

Around that time, Danica put together a tape for me that, although not specifically Halloween-related, had loads of spooky songs on it, such as Boris the Spider and When That Man is Dead and Gone.  Into the Walkman it went, and there it stayed for a millions billions years.

The details are fuzzy.  In 2004 Danica and I went to Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando, a three or so hour drive from her place in South Florida.  It was the first time I'd ever been and it was incredible.

My favorites were:




Danica, if you have any info to add to this let me know.

I don't have any track lists for 2004 and earlier, since we didn't officially exchange discs.  To honor 2004, I guess just bust out some old tapes and have a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment